National Margarita Day takes place on February 22, and it gives us every good reason to indulge in recipes for making margaritas from scratch! When life hands you limes, make margaritas!
Because it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, here are a few of our favorite recipes to get you started! Enjoy!
- 2 ounces tequila (preferably reposado or Blanco)
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt or coarse sea salt, for serving
- Rim the glass with salt. (The salt enhances the sweet and sour flavors in the drink!)
- Shake in a cocktail shaker. Take that tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice and shake it together in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes.
- Strain into a glass. Add ice if serving on the rocks.[Text Wrapping Break]Spread the kosher salt, flaky sea salt, or margarita salt on a plate in an even layer.
- Wet the glass with a lime: Take a lime wedge and cut a notch in the middle: then slide it around the rim of the glass. Rim the outside edge only: Tilt the glass so that only the outside edge goes into the salt. You don’t want it on the inside where it can fall into the drink. Shake off any loose salt into the sink.
- 5 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup tequila, preferably silver
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 5 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup
- 1/3 cup coarse salt
- 1 lime wedge, plus more for serving
- Puree ice, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender until smooth.
- Pour salt onto a saucer, and moisten the rims of 4 glasses with a lime wedge.
- Dip each glass into salt, and fill with margaritas.
- Serve with lime wedges.
This mocktail tastes just as good as the real thing; it is tangy and lightly sweet.
The recipe includes a secret ingredient that elevates the lime juice and sugar to mimic tequila’s taste. You will be very pleased with this recipe for making virgin margaritas from scratch.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup or simple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon pickle juice (optional but recommended)
- 3 ounces tonic water
- For the garnish: Lime slices
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt.
- In the serving glass, stir together the lime juice, lemon juice, maple syrup, and pickle juice). Add the tonic water and ice. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve.
We hope you enjoy! Make margaritas from scratch using these three recipes, and you will be the talk of the town!
Try making them for a fun date night at home. For more fun ideas, look here.