Powerful quotes on motherhood have been written throughout time by many poets and authors. They seek to deeply understand the meaning of motherhood and the connection between mother and child. Here I’ve collected several of my favorite quotes to share with you.
1.Each child is called into our lives for specific reasons. To teach us patience, calm and compassion, humility, joy, presence, courage, boundaries, and self-worth. – Dr. Shefali Tsabary
I love this quote so much. Until I was in the thick of parenting through the teen years, I didn’t realize how much I needed to learn about courage, boundaries, and self-worth. The teaching is ongoing, and I’ve learned that I’m forever a student.
2. To become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is. I know for sure that a few calling are more honorable. – Oprah Winfrey
A spiritual teacher, I really like that. I feel that our spiritual connection can be one of the greatest gifts we could ever share with our children.
3. Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star. – Larry Barretto
This is so sweet and captures the magic of being a mother.
4.Your children are not your children, they come through you but they are life itself, wanting to express itself. – Wayne Dyer
This is so beautiful. They have their own energy force, and we are given the opportunity of having a front-row seat to the unveiling of their unique purpose and path.
5. My mother was my first country, the first place I ever lived. – Nayyirah Waheed
Okay, these words transcend. Layers of meaning. Exquisitely beautiful.
6. With every word we utter, with every action we take, we know our kids are watching us. We as parents are their most important role models. – Michelle Obama
This is so true. Every single feeling, thought, action, and word is being observed. All the more reason to live a life full of passion and purpose seeped in self-love and worthiness.
7. A mother’s love liberates. – Maya Angelou
There will never be another Maya Angelou. It’s impossible to describe the meaning of a mother’s love in one word…but somehow, that’s exactly what she did.
For more quotes from Maya Angelou, see Best Maya Angelou Quotes on Motherhood
8. My daughter introduced me to myself. – Beyonce Knowles
There is no better way to describe the power of this connection.
9. We are born of love; love is our mother. – Rumi
We are all connected. We all come from the same place, and love is our true mother.
Did you enjoy these powerful quotes on motherhood? Do you have a favorite quote about motherhood? Please share it with us!
Look here to see more about how motherhood has been my greatest teacher.