Powerful quotes on motherhood have been written throughout time by many poets and authors. They seek to deeply understand the meaning of motherhood and the connection between mother and child. Here I’ve collected several of my favorite quotes to share with you.
1. Each child is called into our lives for specific reasons. To teach us patience, calm and compassion, humility, joy, presence, courage, boundaries, and self-worth. – Dr. Shefali Tsabary
I love this quote so much. Until I was in the thick of parenting through my teen years, I didn’t realize how much I needed to learn about courage, boundaries, and self-worth. The teaching is ongoing, and I’ve learned that I’m forever a student.
2. To become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers. I know for sure that a few callings are more honorable. – Oprah Winfrey
A spiritual teacher, I like that. Our spiritual connection can be one of the greatest gifts we could ever share with our children.
3. My daughter introduced me to myself. – Beyonce Knowles
There is no better way to describe the power of this connection.
4. Your children are not your children, they come through you, but they are life itself, wanting to express itself. – Wayne Dyer
Children have their own energy force, and we are given the opportunity of having a front-row seat to the unveiling of their unique purpose and path.
5. My mother was my first country, the first place I ever lived. – Nayyirah Waheed
Okay, these words transcend. Layers of meaning to be explored.
6. Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth, for she has held a star. – Larry Barretto
This is so sweet and captures the magic of being a mother.
7. With every word we utter, with every action we take, we know our kids are watching us. We, as parents, are their most important role models. – Michelle Obama
This is so true. Every single feeling, thought, action, and word is observed. All the more reason to live a life full of passion and purpose seeped in self-love and worthiness.
8. A mother’s love liberates. – Maya Angelou
There will never be another Maya Angelou. It’s impossible to describe the meaning of a mother’s love in one word…but somehow, that’s precisely what she did.
For more quotes from Maya Angelou, see Best Maya Angelou Quotes on Motherhood.
9. We are born of love; love is our mother. – Rumi
We are all connected. And we all come from the same place. Love is our true mother.
So, did you enjoy these powerful quotes on motherhood? Do you have a favorite quote about motherhood? Please share below.
And do you know anyone who might enjoy a refreshing look at motherhood? Please forward this to that special person today!
Also, look here to see more about how motherhood has been my greatest teacher.
Lastly, click here for more spiritual quotes on motherhood today!