I discovered the teachings of Abraham Hicks years ago while reading my way through the winding roads of my spiritual journey. As I flipped through many pages of Ask and It Is Given, I remember thinking, “This is true! I know this is true!” I couldn’t believe the clarity of the words that seemed to jump right off the page.
Yet, at the same time, I felt humbled. It’s wild to embrace how powerful we are. Abraham Hicks’ quotes remind us that we have the power to set the tone for our lives.
Some of my favorite Abraham Hicks quotes to get you started:
1. “A belief is only a thought I keep thinking.”
This seems simple, but it’s probably one of Abraham’s most powerful teachings.
So many beliefs are constantly shaping our day – every day. In fact, our entire world is filtered through a series of beliefs we have about everything from our sense of self-worth, our relationships, our goals, etc.
Without a doubt, our beliefs have so much power. But when we peel them back, they are nothing more than thoughts that we continuously repeat to ourselves. I think of them as thoughts that have deeper grooves.
It’s so freeing to know that a belief can be changed by subtly adjusting the thoughts you think.
2. “The Law of Attraction says that that which is like unto itself is drawn. In other words, that which you think, at any moment, attracts unto itself other thoughts that are like it”.
So in this example, even thoughts attract thoughts.
By recognizing our energy field’s power, we can instantly adjust and influence our attractive ability. We can attract similar thoughts by changing our thoughts to be more positive and hopeful. And moment to moment, we attract who we are.
3. “All possibilities are available right now. How do you want to feel?”
It’s hard to believe we can bypass triggering circumstances in our lives to claim how we want to feel. Yet that’s precisely what this Abraham Hicks quote is saying. We can choose how we want to feel. And we aren’t victims of everything happening around us.
Abraham Hicks on the power of setting your vibration.
4. “Lifting your vibrations above the material existence of your life is the answer to every problem.”
So to attract different things into your life, you will need to lift your vibration. How do we begin to do this? Through awareness and mindfulness.
This step requires digging deep and lifting yourself by mindfully choosing a different thought. If you aren’t mindful, you will continue attracting similar vibrations. That simple change can lead to a cascade of positive emotions.
Gabby Bernstein shares a process for doing this in her book, Super Attractor. She suggests three steps: 1- Notice the thought, 2- Forgive the thought, and 3- Choose again.
5. “Never mind what it is. Imagine it the way you want it to be so that your vibration matches your desire.”
Visualizing your desire is vital. It is key to keep your focus on how your desire feels and aligning with it in your thoughts, feelings, and vibration.
Secrets of manifestation – It may not be what you think.
6. “You’re not manifesting; you’re creating the environment that allows the manifestation.”
Good news! The pressure is off. You can’t directly manifest things in your life, so you don’t need to try so hard to do so. Only your higher power can do that.
Your job is to create the environment for manifestation, which only you can do.
I found it confusing when I first heard Abraham Hicks’ quotes on manifestation. My first thought was, “I need to manifest this or that. How am I going to do that?” When really, I can’t take that on. I only need to align my emotional state with what I want, and the manifestation will follow.
7. “You are pre-paving your future experiences constantly… You are continually projecting your expectations into your future experiences.”
What a powerful reminder. Things don’t happen by chance. We are continually laying the groundwork for events that are on the way.
For me, a thought that comes to mind has to do with an experience with my former business. Eleven years ago, I bought a practice in downtown Boston. The budget was tight, and I needed to invest a lot into the practice to create the environment I wanted.
During that time, I was reading and studying Abraham Hicks. I remember implementing this quote into my thoughts. I started treating the practice as if it were massively successful—my decisions came from a place of abundance and certainty.
Somehow, I paid for the renovation in real time, and my practice flourished. I believe my energy was so aligned with a positive outcome that I couldn’t miss it. The energy was aligned.
Abraham Hicks’ quotes on the daily practice of joy.
8. “Upon waking, let your first thought be, thank you.”
Gratitude is one of the highest vibrations you can achieve. It’s a great idea to start the day with such positive energy.
9. “Be as happy as you want to be.”
According to this quote from Abraham Hicks, we can choose to be as joyful as we’d like to be.
Joy is something we can work toward allowing and feeling in our lives. But the problem is that we’re afraid to choose too much joy. It’s almost uncomfortable when we’re used to feeling lower energy and vibrations.
So we must be patient as we move toward higher, more positive thoughts and feelings. Brene Brown says, “It takes courage to open ourselves up to joy.”
10. “The standard of success in life isn’t the things. It isn’t the money or the stuff — it is absolutely the amount of joy you feel.”
Let the state of alignment always be your north star.
11. “Let your alignment (with Well-Being) be first and foremost, and let everything else be secondary. And not only will you have an eternally joyous journey, but everything you have ever imagined will flow effortlessly into your experience. There is nothing you cannot be or do or have—but your dominant intent is to be joyful. The doing and the having will come into alignment once you get that one down.”
Being aligned is the key to everything. And it’s something we can quickly feel if we so desire.
12. “The entire universe is conspiring to give you everything that you want.”
Trust in this, and your life can change in an instant.
I hope these quotes from Abraham Hicks get you thinking! It’s exciting to realize that you’re way more powerful than you think.
The beloved teacher Wayne Dyer once said that Abraham was the most significant and most relevant teacher living on the planet. After scrolling through these quotes, I wonder if you agree? Please share any thoughts you have in the comments below.
Ps: For readers who aren’t familiar with Esther Hicks, many years ago, she began channeling the wisdom of Abraham. Abraham is the source of all of the Esther HIcks quotes.
The teaching of Abraham gives offers us the freedom to influence our own life experiences by focusing on what makes us feel good.
The words of Abraham Hicks are so powerful, and I remember Wayne Dyer saying they are the most powerful teacher on the planet.
Check out this Abraham Hicks meditation on well-being here!
Or are you interested in experiencing a walking meditation? Learn more about MindTravel here.
And you can visit Abraham Hicks youtube for an endless supply of content.